Passwords for Deploy4Me order
Getting the passwords
Once the order is deployed you can find the passwords on the orders page. Big blue button with caption “Show” allows you to get the passwords.
Here is the step-by-setp instructions:
- Go to orders
- Find your order and click button "Show"
- Enter your password confirmation
- You than will see all your passwords. Make sure you save all this information.
Be careful as your passwords are available only one day since first access. So, we recommend to save the passwords once you see it.
How to save the .pem file for SSH access
To access your server via SSH you would need the following:
- Perform the steps above
- Find a line "Access certificate (save as .pem on disk)"
- Copy everything stating from -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- and ending -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- including the lines itself
- Save the copied text to .pem file on disk
- Make sure that there are no spaces or lines after the last dash in section -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
How to use .pem fiile with Putty on Windows
If you are using Putty to connect via SSH from Windows machie you would need the following:
- Run the utility program Puttygen
- In Puttygen click Load and find your .pem file
- Click "Save Private Key" and save a new file .ppk
- Use the .ppk file in Putty to connect via SSH supplying it in Putty -> Connection -> SSH -> Auth -> Private Key