Add a connection to Amazon Web Services EC2 cloud
- Get the Connection Parameters
- Save the connection using Continue button
To create a new connection to Amazon Web Services EC2 infrastructure from Deploy4Me you can do the following:
- Click continue to see the Connect to Cloud screen
- Click button Amazon EC2
- Fill the parameters in the New Connection form
- Click continue
To allow Deploy4Me work with Amazon EC2 you need to know:
- Access Key ID
- Secret Access Key
- Region by default
- Name of the connection (defined by yourself. Just some description for future use)
No other information is required.
To get the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key from your AWS account:
Go to Amazon EC2 console
Click on Account Name
- Select Security Credential
- If it is your first visit to the security credentials page you will see the popup window. Select Continue to Security Credentials
- You now should see Your Security Credentials page. Select Access Keys (Access Key ID and Secret Access Key)
- Click the button Create New Access Key
- In the dialogue Create Access Key click the button Download Key File
Access Key ID and Secret Access Key are global and fits to all regions.
Use any name for a connection (or keep default). This name will be displayed in Existing connections. It can be changed any time.
When you add a server to the project it will be placed in one of the regions where AWS have a data center. Region by default allows you set it once and do not configure it for each server individually.
You still have an ability to change the region for each server, but the default one will be used for all new servers.
On the deployment of the project you can find your servers in the specific region in Amazon EC2. Just open your EC2 console and select the region.
Once you have found all parameters and paste in the New Connection form you can click Continue.
The Continue button will save your connection and start the connection check. If all parameters are entered correctly the wizard shows you the next step. Successful check confirmation will be on a screen.
Deploy4Me allows you to deploy the software on if connection is valid.